Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mockingbird

Caitlin is a ten-year-old motherless girl with Aspergers and Devon, her supportive and understanding brother. Devon has taught Caitlin everything she needs to know about how to be normal, but when tragedy strikes, Caitlin must fend for herself. With the help of her father and guidance counselor, Caitlin must try to find closure and make friends.

This book was very good. I was very impressed with how Erskine really got into the head of a girl with Aspergers. Unfortunately, I felt there were many scenes where Erskine wanted the reader to cry along with Caitlin and her father, but it didn't come to me. Although this book was touching, it wasn't sob-worthy until the very end.

I recommend reading Mockingbird if you like touching, heart-warming stories. I enjoyed it, and I think you will, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment